JFK SPEAKING, HIS POLITICAL SPEECHES 1954-1956, Vol. II
$ 44.00 CHF
JFK speaking, His political speeches 1954-1956, Vol. II (548 pp.)
JFK, one of America’s youngest presidents, was not originally meant to become a politician. It was only his older brother’s death, in 1944, while flying a bomber over Europe, that opened up the way for him to follow on his father’s and maternal grandfather’s footsteps in Massachusetts and, eventually, national US politics. This long process of his political evolution has rarely been followed thoroughly. Now, thanks to this five volume series, readers have the opportunity to examine more closely the young JFK’s political career that carried him from Massachusetts local politics to the White House in a space of barely 18 years! Volume two of the series includes 64 speeches, covering the period from January 14, 1954 to December 12, 1956.
- Princeton University, May 11, 1954
- Annual Convention Banquet of the Farm Bureau Federation of Massachusetts, November 15, 1955
- National Women's Democratic Club, Washington, D.C., January 26, 1956
- National Book Award Dinner, New York, NY, February 7, 1956
- Annual Banquet of Histadrut Zionist Organization, Baltimore, Maryland, November 27, 1956
and 59 more speeches!